Strike Guard monitors cloud and cloud-to-ground lightning within a 20-mile range. Patented optical signal processing and proprietary optical-coincidence technology prevent false alarms.
Strike Guard Sensor data is communicated to the Lightning Data Receiver, which is easy to install in an office environment, via lightning-proof Fiber-Optic cable. The Lightning Data Receiver displays system status, CAUTION and ALARM in real time.
Strike Guard enables automated activation of warning systems for human safety, and initiation of data backup and generator start-up, while also shutting down and/or isolating electrical systems for the duration of the electrical storm.
Strike Guard is built to function in adverse weather and does not rely on cellular networks, vulnerable modems and internet servers, or commercial power.
The Strike Guard Sensor delivers:
- Fully automatic alarm triggering with user-set range categories
- 20-mile detection range with lightning events categorized by proximity: within 20, 10, & 5 Miles
- No false alarms! Patented technology
- Sensor and communication self-test
- Sensor is battery-powered for easy installation
- Durable Fiber-Optic communication with connector-less technology
- Lightning-proof data communication
- NEMA-4X Sensor enclosure
- Lightning Data Receiver with integral battery back-up
- Includes Strike Guard Simulation Software for training and testing
- Fully automatic WAVE Siren activation available to notify personnel of lightning events
- Optional Strike View Software provides lightning data displays, email and text message notifications, audible and visual lightning alarms, and lightning data reporting
Strike Guard Lightning Data Receiver delivers:
- Audible and visual alarm and system status indicators
- Full battery back-up (200 hr typical)
- Relays to interface with the WAVE Siren System and remote-controlled equipment
- Fiber-Optic output for computer running optional Strike View Software
Strike View Software
Strike View Software for Windows expands upon the information presented by the Strike Guard Lightning Data Receiver. Strike View provides audible and visual alerts via PC and helps users categorize lightning data, analyze storm progression, and estimate the time to resume operations.
Strike View also enables notifications via Email and Text Message.
The network feature allows for multiple Strike View Servers to be viewed on a single Strike View client display page.
Strike View Software Notifications
The Strike Guard RS232 to Fiber-Optic Converter (included) converts data from the Strike Guard Lightning Data Receiver to the computer’s RS232 port. RS232 to USB adapters are also available.
The lightning-proof Strike Guard Fiber-Optic Converter provides an economical means to convert standard RSS-232 serial communications ports to bi-directional fiber-optic links.
The Strike Guard Fiber-Optic Converter replaces unreliable, low-tomedium speed copper serial data lines with low-cost, connector-less, Fiber-Optic Cable.
The Strike Guard technology greatly reduces the expense and trouble associated with traditional, glass-based Fiber-Optic conversion schemes and provides tremendous enhancement of reliability over twisted-pair, short haul modems.
Strike Guard RS232 to Fiber-Optic Converter
Strike Guard Lightning Data Receiver Wxline Equipment Indoor Bulkhead with PC
The Wxline Personal Computer (PC) is factory-installed into a Wxline Equipment Indoor Bulkhead (WxEIB) to provide a fully-integrated base installation of the Strike Guard Lightning Data Receiver and Strike View Software. The industrial touch-screen flat panel PC operates Strike View Software in the latest version of Microsoft Windows. The PC is dedicated to run Strike View Server reliably and eliminates the need for the end user to provide a dedicated workstation.
The WxEIB with touchscreen PC provides an Ethernet connection port to allow workstations on the Local Area Network (LAN) to run Strike View Clients. An integral speaker provides for audible notification of lightning mode changes. Strike View generated email notifications are sent directly from the Wxline PC to the recipients via an email server. The simplified installation provides the end-user with an attractive, fully-integrated package built for reliability, durability, and convenience.
THE STRIKE GUARD WxEIB WITH PC DELIVERS:
- Simplified field installation and long-term protection of the Strike Guard Lightning Data Receiver & Strike View Software
- Best-engineering-practice lightning protection for Wxline components
- HDMI, Ethernet, and power connections
- Liquid-tight connectors for Fiber-Optic Cable in/out penetrations
- Large touchscreen PC
- Attractive, protective enclosure
- Simple, user-friendly mount installation
- Optional Wi-Fi-based connectivity to LAN
Strike Guard with CS110 Electric Field Mill
The Strike Guard total lightning detector and CS110 Electric Field Mill combine to classify lightning discharges within 20 miles and report electric field measurements to monitor overhead storm cell development. The dedicated lightning detector and field mill are integrated to display lightning threat levels based on customer-selected thresholds applied to data from both instruments.
Strike Guard with CS110 Electric Field Mill monitors cloud and cloud-to ground lightning and the electric field within user-set parameters and provides contact-closure signaling at user-set thresholds.
The CS110 Electric Field Mill measures the vertical component of the atmospheric electric field at the Earth’s surface. Atmospheric electric field data is useful for assessing the local lightning hazard, especially prior to the first, and after the last, lightning discharges in a storm.
The International Standard for Thunderstorm Warning Systems, IEC 62793:2016, classifies Strike Guard with CS110 Electric Field Mill as a Class A Detector capable of detecting thunderstorm evolution during all four phases of thunderstorm development. The European Standard for Protection Against Lightning – Thunderstorm Warning Systems, EN 50536, classifies Strike Guard with CS110 Electric Field Mill as a Class I Detector capable
of detecting thunderstorm evolution during all four phases of thunderstorm development.
Data from the two sensors can trigger automatic warning systems and help personnel make evacuation and shutdown decisions.
STRIKE GUARD WITH CS110 ELECTRIC FIELD MILL DELIVERS:
- Fully automatic alarm triggering with user-set range categories and electric field magnitude thresholds
- 20 mile lightning detection range
- Programmable electric field thresholds determine CAUTION, WARNING, ALARM conditions
- Periodic sensor health and communication self-tests
- Software displays which sensor triggers CAUTION, WARNING, ALARM conditions
- Durable lightning-proof fiber-optic communication with connector-less technology
- Lightning Data Receiver with integral battery-back up
- Strike View with CS110 Software factory-installed on Wxline flat-panel touchscreen PC
- Flexible sensor mounting options
The Strike Guard Lightning Sensor & CS110 Electric Field Mill are both proven and powerful as standalone systems; together, they form the most capable and advanced single-station lightning warning system.
The Wxline Personal Computer is factory-installed into a Wxline Equipment Indoor Bulkhead (WxEIB) to provide a fully-integrated base installation of the Strike Guard Lightning Data Receiver and Strike View with CS110 Software.
Strike View with CS110 Software offers:
- Automatic notifications via text message, email, and software
- Strike View with CS110 Server Software and Strike View with CS110 Client Software operate across a LAN for multiple access points
- Exclusive countdown timer from last lightning ALARM threat reported
- Lightning histograms to monitor storm progression
Thank you for viewing our products. If you have any questions please fill out the contact form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.