Electrical Storm Identification Device
The Critical Asset Protection Bulkhead (CAPB) provides automated, active lightning protection by the electrical isolation of industrial control systems and central-stations.
The combination of best-engineering-practice passive lightning protection with fully automatic active lightning protection includes:
- selective isolation - disconnects selected conductors from the critical asset
- selective grounding - grounds disconnected conductors
- selective shutdown - disconnects power conductors via three independent circuits with programmable-delays to provide the ultimate defense against over-voltages, electrical overstress and lightning surge currents in a lightning environment.
The CAPB is intended for use as the indoor or secondary lightning protection bulkhead installed at the equipment-to-be-protected and must be used in conjunction with proper external or outdoor (primary) lightning protection.
The CAPB Delivers:
- Wxline components fully assembled and pre-wired ready to power on
- Best-engineering-practice passive lightning protection methods
- Advanced and comprehensive active lightning protection including selective isolation, selective grounding and selective shut-down
- Greatly simplified installation of central-station lightning protection involving many conductors
- Expert-system implementation of active and passive lightning protection for critical assets
- Shielding, cable-routing and cable dressing to minimize flashover risk
- Attractive enclosure with large-area viewing window
- GO TO ADDITIONAL IMAGES PAGE
ENCLOSURE: NEMA 4 molded fiberglass.
BATTERY: User-replaceable lead-acid batteries. Low-battery indicator.
COMMUNICATION: 10 W, 27.255 MHz, DIP switch address programming.
CONTROL INPUT: Contact-closure signaling. CAT 5 interface cable.
EXTERNAL POWER: In-line switching power supply. Input 100-240 VAC,
50/60 Hz. UL, VDE, FCC, CSA, CE.
RANGE: Three mile radius, longer range with available high-gain antenna.
ANTENNA: Standard 3 ft monopole antenna, 50 ft coaxial cable.
DOWNLOAD PDF DATA SHEET FOR DETAILS